Sunday, August 31, 2008

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back



Last night while I was at the NICU visiting with Keaton and Cortney was out with his Dad and brother, our kids were being watched by Cortney's Aunt. Kyler had an accident where he was rough-housing and hit his head into the corner of a wall. He had to have three staples put into his head at the urgent care, and all this while Cortney and I were away. It was so sad for me to come out of a nice visit with Keaton to find that Kyler had been hurt and I was not there! Luckily when I got to him, he was actually excited that he got to see an ambulance (yes, they freaked out and called 911!!) and he was raving about going to the doctor, so I think he wasn't scarred for life by the incident. (at least not as much as I was!)


Keaton is officially one week old today and is doing pretty well. He had a stuffy nose for a day, so they increased the amount of oxygen given to him. But now they are slowly weining him down again, and he is slowly getting more milk during his feedings as well. We are just taking things one day at a time. Thanks again for everyone's prayers!!


No comments: