Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

5 years ago was my first Mother's Day as a mother. Before I became a mom, I knew of love, but did not know the kind of love that I know now. It is amazing what happens to you the day that you become a mother. It is instant. You are different without even trying or knowing it. Mother's instinct is something that I believe in- And looking back to the many years of growing up with my mother, who has been an amazing example to me, I did not know of the love that my mother had for me until I became a mom myself. I am so lucky to have a mom who loves and cares about me so much. And now I truly understand myself all that she has gone through for me to make sure that I was healthy and happy. Thank you mom, for being a wonderful example to me. Thank you for being hard on me when you needed to be, kind and gentle to me when you needed to. Thank you for always being a good listener and there when I needed you to be. You have always been such a rock in my life. I miss so much living closer, especially when it comes time for us to celebrate our birthdays...but I still feel like you are always here for me even when we are physically not near each other...
All these pictures are older, but very special to me...I love you mom! Happy Mother's Day to not only all the mothers out there, but all past, present and future mothers.




No comments: