Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Keaton!

My dear sweet Keaton,
As your Dad and I were on our way to the hospital when I was in labor with you, I had a strong feeling that even though you were going to be early, that you were going to be a strong spirit and a fighter. I was right, from the time you were born, there was this new spirit in my life that you brought. I felt overwhelmed with love for you. You have been such a joy and a blessing! You are so big now, I can't hardley believe the day has come that you are turning one!

This is one of my favorite pictures of you from the NICU. I could tell that your mind was deep in thought about life. And I knew you desperately wanted to come home, even though you needed to be a little stronger first.
You have always been a fighter. The doctors and nurses always made comments on how strong you were and are.

You made the best facial expressions. I love each and every one of them. Sometimes a little too much and I let you cry a little too long to take a picture. Sorry, I just want to cherish every moment I have with you!

Will you stay little forever Keaton? I just love how you were starting to get chubby here...

Your first smiles...I love your smiles, but the first ones are ones I will never forget.
Smiling with your mama. You are a mama's boy! when did it start?! Back when you were oh so little?
Starting to sit...it took you a long time but you have finally mastered sitting up...even if in the beginning it was very slanted. ;)
Brotherly love. Your brothers still can get you to laugh more than I can. There is something to be said about a bond with your brothers. It is so special!
You took the binky for four months and then finally found your thumb one night. And I didn't mind one bit because you are certainly so adorable sucking yor thumb!

My sweet Keaton. Happy Birthday! I love you so much and always will. My little Peanut! Love, Mommy

2 comments:

beckaboots said...

AWWww so sweet! :)

dbcall said...

So cute! I can't believe he's 1!!!