Monday, November 2, 2009

The Latest and Greatest

Okay, so this post is specifically for those who want to see first hand in detail the breakdown of my latest GrocerySmarts shopping trip. I am breaking this down bit by bit so you can understand how easy it is and how You can DO IT TOO!!

First and foremost, read this entire post not just looking at the pictures if you really want to know. I DO NOT like buying junkfood, lots of processed foods, etc. Those are not the only things that go on sale...and the more experienced coupon shopper you are, the more you find!!

So here is it: Picture 1, My entire purchase at Smiths this week...Total spent $89.18. Total SAVINGS $93.48, with a savings of 52%. You must know, that is NOT huge as far as savings goes...so let me go on to the next picture and explain...But first, in this pic, 10 gatorades (at .49 cents each), 5 cans evaporated milk (Name brand) at .25 cents a can), V8 juice, del monte tomatoes, 2 pkg double rolls Quilted Northern TP (at less than $4 a pack)...just to name a few...
These items were NOT sale items/couponed items, but items we needed. This is where the lack of savings comes in. If I had strictly bought the items I had the coupons for, I would have had a greater percentage in savings...but I needed a few more things... As I get more experienced, I will have a lot of these things stocked that I was able to get with a coupon...And I never buy bottled water here in Utah...the water here is fabulous!! This was just for a party. So what I spent here was around $35 just for these items! it's because I did not have coupons and needed to get them now without waiting...anyways...
And finally, these items are items I normally would never really buy...So I know, as you see these things, you might think "but I never buy those, why do I need to worry about coupons for things I never buy"...so thats where I step in and tell you that sure, there will from time to time be a bunch of things that you don't normally buy. Either don't buy them, or take advantage of a killer deal (example .25 cents per package of cookies, Aussie hair product at $2 a bottle when you buy two) and store for a later occasion... Grocery Smarts SHOWS you how good a deal it is...If it has three or four stars by the product, its a really good deal. There are often times you will get things for FREE.
So now I just go to my basement for a cake mix before actually going to the store to get one and its really nice! All in all...I did stock up on a lot of things this trip and did not buy a lot of day to day items, such as cheese, fresh fruits and vegetables...but it takes a few months of getting into the program before you really start to see strong savings... Just thought I would share for those friends of mine who are getting started and still learning...

1 comment:

Clarisa said...

and what do you get to do with all the money you save? surely that gets to go in a vacation or happy spending account?