Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Much better

So I've been trying to think of a creative cheap decotative item for Kyler and Brayden's room. They have a lot of wall space to fill. Well one day on Studio 5, I saw Teresa Collins (www.teresacollinsdesigns.com) showing this project...and fell in love with it!! So this was my first time using Mod Podge and I LOVE IT!! I can't wait to use it again for something- it's fabulous and sooooo easy!!

So I got a bunch of different sports scrapbooking paper, including some BYU/Cougar paper...4 canvas's to work with (and I must say I invisioned thicker canvas, but it was just so darn expensive). And some cute ribbon to tie to the top and hang like a picture! Then it was just a matter of creatively arranging the papers together. And voila!





See, especially with the bedding on Brayden's bed, this just looks so cute!

I did 4 total, but had trouble downloading one of the pictures, so this is all you get folks! ;) now go mod podge something!!

4 comments:

beckaboots said...

so cute! what a great idea! I am going to steal the idea from you!

Christy said...

Mary M. did that with huge pictures of her boys instead of scrapbook paper. Very cute!

the time gailey home said...

hee, hee! i was too cheap to buy the cheap modge podge stuff last year so i used left over clear paint that i never used to do some wall paint designing. it works too. i love the colors yours have and the way they are so personalized. mine, btw, are on the top shelf waiting to be rediscovered. i made them a little too girly for my girls room.

Angela Frasure said...

I love them. You should teach me.