Saturday, March 19, 2011

Kyler is *almost* 7!!

At 6:42 (ish) in the morning tomorrow, March 20th, Kyler will be 7 years old! I cannot even believe it! 7 years ago I became a mom for the first time and I know I fit the typical stereotypical comment when I say "it goes by so fast" cause it DOES!
So we knew throwing Kyler's birthday party today was best since next weekend Cort will be recovering from surgery and we just don't know how he will feel. Naturally Kyler wanted an ALIEN party. Naturtally. So an Alien party he got!

And here he is, almost 7 years old. WOW!
This is typical.
I must say, my space ship invitations turned out UBER-COOL! You can't read the font here, but it says "We're going out of this world for Kyler's 7th Birthday Party" and other really cool spacey/alieny things. :)
I have made a tissue paper pom-pom decorative thingy once before just to see how hard it would be, but I didn't actually put it together or do anything with it. So this week I had a friend come over and offically show me how to make them so I could have super cool space/hanging decorations. Totally not necessary, and to be honest, Kyler didnt really care that much. "cool mom" was about it- BUT I LOVED THEM! Ha! And for the record, they were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO easy. And cheap. And easy.
A different angle.
Cool looking alien cake right?! I know! ha ha. It was fun.
Close up on the eyes. Don't they scare you?
Okay, now THIS was the best part of the whole party. The game my mom either invented or learned from someone else. But when she came in October, she did this with the kids and it seemed fitting for todays theme. You put gummy worms on a plate and cover it with whipped cream (from the spray can) and the kids have to eat it, dig through it with their face! Talk about cool boy stuff! So I told the kids it was alien guts and all of them loved it and did it. There was one super cute little girl who put her hands in and that was it, otherwise, everyone dug in!
Seriously fun times.

Opening presents. I love how all of them get so involved!
All the kids (and must I mention that two of Kyler's bestest friends got strep and couldn't make it, so we were missing them!)
Finally, singing Happy Birthday and blowing out the candles.
It was a super fun party but I am SO GLAD it's OVER! WHEW! More than anything I am so glad to have Kyler in my life. He is such a sweet spirit and I am so grateful for him. I will have to post a little more on him later cause now that the party is over I am headed to a girls night out. It's been a long week and next week will be even longer, so I am gearing up tonight! Happy Birthday to my sweet Kyler!

2 comments:

annieareyouok said...

What a cute theme idea! You are so brave to make a cake and everything looks great. Can't believe you have a 7 year old!

Unknown said...

the decor turned out cute. I hope Kyler liked it cause all that really matters!