Thursday, March 3, 2011

Zumba, the color Red and Good Food!

Ever since I discovered Zumba, I have slowly gone to more and more classes...it is WONDERFUL! However, I have found myself not getting ready as many days. I have always (at least since I can remember) taken the time to shower, get myself prettied up NO MATTER what- my house can go a little bit dirty, etc. because I have always felt that doing that little something for myself, like taking the time to get myself ready, helps me to feel better about myself, among other things. So, typically I go to aerobics Mon, Wed and Fri, and Tuesdays and Thursdays I do something else, one of the those days usually Zumba. Lately I have been doing some Zumba classes on the days I also do my regular aerobics. This makes for me getting sweaty and gross, then taking the time to get prettied up, then getting sweaty and gross later. It takes too much time! So instead I have been putting on a cute hat, body spraying myself, combined with some lotion and deoderant and changing my clothes and calling it good. I HATE it! I am not going to lie, but then really it doesn't make sense to do things any other way since I am going to work out again later.
Anyways, why am I rambling on and on about this? Because the other day Cort was out of town so I couldn't go to Zumba. It was fine, no biggie. But I got myself absolutely prettied up to the best of my abilities- I wore my favorite color, of course, which is RED and then I decided I better take a picture of myself to capture the moment of me looking like a normal human being. Especially since on this day I have nowhere to go, so it was the day of all days I could have stayed absolutely gross! ;)

The funny thing is I just couldn't keep a straight face for nothing- cause who just randomly takes a picture of themselves to post on their blog with no other explanation than they got ready for the day????
So there you go. And there I go...and speaking of Cortney being out of town...50% of the time when he goes out of town, we have pancakes for dinner. It's pancakes, cereal, something easy peasy. The other 50% of the time, I make something fabulous that my husband doesn't like and won't eat (he is picky). While he was gone for these few days, I made fabulous meals every single night!! And while dinner was cooking on this same day that I happened to look as fabulous as I could, I decided it too deserved a picture taken since it is so incredibly YUMMY.
It's my mom's Hamburger Hawaiian. Served over steamed rice. MMMMMMMMMMMM. What a great day it was indeed. And to make life even better, the weather was great too! It has been a pretty great week! Hope the same for you. ;)

2 comments:

annieareyouok said...

You are so funny! Great picture of you and your fancy, prettied up self. Good job on all your hard work working out!

Andrea McEntire said...

That is so funny! You look super cute girl! Red fits you perfectly.