Sunday, May 8, 2011

~Mothers~

Cort has been out of town all week and got back around 1 in the morning this morning. The kids and I made the best of the week by keeping busy with house projects, spending a lot of time playing outside, and of course, lots of baseball. It actually turned out to be a great week but I am so glad my hubs is home safe.

As I think about Mother's Day today, I cannot help to have a wave of saddness at my Grandmother not being with us anymore. More than the hint of saddness I feel for myself, I feel it for my Mom who is spending her first Mother's Day without her own Mother. I cannot imagine how hard that must be. But I know that it makes this day that much more special to me as I am lucky enough to have my mother still alive and well AND that I am blessed enough for her to be an amazing wonderful person.

I am blessed to have three healthy and strong children. I am blessed to be able to play with them, read to them, make memories with them. I love being a Mom. Even though some days I just cannot seem to figure out how I will make it through when the kids are fighting, the house is a mess and life just seems chaos. Then I think...would I have it any other way? Nope. I am so blessed. And I get to stay home with them thanks to my hard working husband who goes above and beyond to make that possible for me.

I am just feeling very blessed. I hope all of you out there are having a wonderful day.

No comments: