Sunday, September 4, 2011

Somehow I will Survive

First of all, I am sorry all my stupid posts lately are about ME, MYSELF and I. Not about my beautiful kids, my sweet husband and all the wonderful things we have done lately.

I know, I KNOW! I have only been on bed rest a few days...and for all I know, everything will be fine in a few days and I can get up a little more. But for the current moment, I can vent. About ME!!! Ha! Because how does a person like me (clean freak, organizational junkie, on the go constantly) sit still while the house gets destroyed right in front of my very eyes while all I can do is lie around and watch it happen????? My boys will clean, and they do. But not to my standards! They can't wipe down counters and mop floors! Floors that are disgusting because mom isn't helping wipe up spills. Cort is great and helps out as much as he can while he is home. But he has had a boat-load of work lately AND is now making dinners and taking care of the kids on top of it. I am the kind of person that if I go to bed and my house is messy, I don't sleep well. And so usually, around 9pm, I do a run through of the whole house and clean up, pick up, do anything that needs to be done. And then I still don't sleep well because I have stinking insomnia with pregnancy- but at least I sleep much better than I do when the house is messy. So I have not been sleeping well. And I literally cringe as I am walking down the hallway to the bathroom (for the millionth time since I have been drinking extra water) and I see toys in the walkway, stains on the floor, etc. I have Kyler sweep the floor today...on a SUNDAY! I never make the boys clean on Sundays...and the sad truth is even though there were still crumbs everywhere after, it looked SO MUCH BETTER than it did before!

Oh boy. It is going to be a long bed rest if this is until I deliver this babykins. I am hoping it will be at least modified at one point to me being able to do light cleaning again. Obviously I will do whatever is best to keep this baby in. And I will grin and bear it! But I can whine in the meantime. I am a hormonal mess anyways. So why not, right? ;)

Whine, whine, whine, moan, moan, whine. I think that is enough for now. Back to bed for me, another crossword puzzle to do and more baby names to look up!

--Elizabeth

1 comment:

Clarisa said...

ha! i knew you kept a spotless house! but, as it is torture for you to have to endure the messy style for the next while, i will promise not to gloat about how i knew it. instead, i offer you my most sincere thoughts that you will be able to recoup soon, and then i will gloat about it. we are always praying for you and your boy!