Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Slowly but Surely

Slowly but surely there are big changes happening in my house! I have had a few minor slip ups with my plans for not yelling at the kids and trying really hard to have a more peaceful happy home, but really, things have been great! I love the changes that are happening and feel really satisfied that this is the beginning of greater things. It is amazing to me that the small changes I have made so far have made such a big difference. But EVERYONE is happier!
As with most things in life, when I make changes in my life, for the better, I see signs everywhere that I am making the right choices. I mean, everywhere. I hear someone say something, I see a sign on the street, an article on the internet, etc. It seems to be everywhere I go and whatever I do, I am seeing or hearing something that lets me know I am on the right path--and that motivates me even more!
Like, for example, tonights enrichment. There was a small lesson before the activity we did, but that lesson was exactly what I needed to hear! It was all about how us as moms are always trying our hardest to do the best we can, but sometimes we let go on our children's needs. Sometimes we are putting on a movie but not watching it with them or getting out a book and not reading it WITH them. And everything that was said was what I needed to hear- It was as if the lesson was meant for me.
And then there was this quote that was so perfectly spoken:
"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair pefectly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.
I want to drive up in a station wagon that has myd on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp.
I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwhiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someones garden.
I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.
I want the Lord to know I was really here and really lived."--Marjorie Pay Hinckley
So I am still working on things- I am still getting my house in order. I am still only doing the best I can. But I am giving it my all and am happy with the progress!!

2 comments:

Toni said...

So good, loved this post. Thanks for being such a good example!
I wish I would have heard the lesson before enrichment last night! I was too busy wishing my kids would go into the nursery, which failed :) But glad you included the great quote.

Unknown said...

I loved this post. you are so sweet and are amazing! love the quote. i wish i could have been there last night.