Friday, May 7, 2010

The white haired boy and the dark haired boy

What a week! Monday was a sucessful trip to the doc to check on my weight loss goals and thyroid. Thyroid was low, which truly did not surprise me because the last two weeks especially I have been feeling realllllly tired. I thought it had a lot to do with allergies, some to do with the thyroid as usual. I still think it's both, but my medication was adjusted, so in about 4 more weeks when it starts to kick in I am hoping to get some more energy. I did not have a ton else going on this week, or maybe it just felt that way because I was truly dragging. I still worked out 4 days, taught 1 class myself, ate really healthy, etc. I just feel so drained from allergies by 6 I fall asleep on the couch and enjoy a catnap. Then I wake up with enough energy to read, blog, watch a little tv, straighten the house, then off to bed around 11, maybe 12. Yes, I know, part of the problem is I go to bed so darn late and then Keaton has been waking up around 6:15! Not enough sleep either I guess.... No cure for the true night owl!
Now onto the white haired boy. I have been trying realllly hard to not scream and pull my hair out every time this kid does something crazy. Cause lets face it, I would have had no hair by a long time ago. And no voice from yelling. So this week when he did a few not completely naughty but a mess for me to clean up anyways kind of a thing, I tried to make the best of it, explain why its not the best choice, but that I know next time he will make the right one, and move on.
For this pic I think he was truly surprised here when I said "wait, don't wash it out yet, let me get the camera!" He was in the bathroom for a long time when I finally went in (cause I started to also realize the water had been running a long time). He said his hair was dirty, so he decided to wash it when he washed his hands. Yup, YOU probably can't tell that a lot of that white in his hair is actually soap!
When his hair gets wet, it is pretty transparent and almost disappears, so this picture is good cause you can still see his hair! But it really is covered in soap, you just can't tell cause the soap is white...and so is his hair color!
The weather here has FINALLY been decent. We have had decent weather off and on for a few weeks, but seriously, it will last for two days then get freezing again for at least 4. I am pretty sick of it. So this week, I decided that on the days that the weather is nice, we are going to take advantage of it and spend as much time as we can outside. After aerobics on Wednesday, we were playing outside and the neighbors girls came over and I decided to throw a last minute picnic on our porch before Jadie (neighbor girl) and Kyler go to the bus stop for kindergarden. It was really fun. The kids all ate really well because they were having a good time. But as you can see, none of them really cooperated for the picture, and the sun was pretty bright that day.

The brown haired boy...well, he's naughty. Not so much my sweet angel anymore. When we are outside, he runs for the steet. He looks at me right before the steps into it (as I am running to him) and smiles, I yell "No Keaton, No." He just keeps running. He also throws thing from the top of the stair railing to the bottom. I have been putting him in his crib, lights on, door open and telling him "time out." I really can't tell if it is working because he just lays down and sucks his thumb. I try to walk him through picking up the toys he threw. But he just laughs and thinks it all a game. I KNOW that he KNOWS it's naughty...I know he just loves my reaction and the attention he gets when he does it, but I don't know quite how to take care of it the right way...we are working on it, but in the meantime, I am worn out from chasing that kid!

I must tell EVERYONE who I have sent an e-mail to from my hotmail account that I am SORRY. My computer had a virus- apparently a pretty nasty one cause it has been sending messages all week to people. We are working on getting it OUT!

I am still doing great on my diet. Last week I slowly introduced two new carbs, but they are still really healthy foods. This week I have had a whole wheat tortilla two days in a row. I am not pushing it or rushing into anything with adding carbs. I want to do it slowly and appropriately not to gain back any weight, as I still have 9 pounds to go to be at my pre-pregnancy weight. I will never go back to eating like I did before, but I also know that some carbs are healthy and am just trying to be careful about how I am eating ;)

Speaking of which, I decided to reward myself with 1 cookie this week. That's right, one cookie. I have been craving chocolate chip cookies for a while and spent 45 minutes searching for healthier, alternative ways of making them so I can enjoy it without feeling like I am completely blowing it. I found a recipe that got rave reviews and the calorie count, carb count, etc. was the best of most I have seen. The cookies turned out YUMMY!! So now you need to make some!

3/4 c. granualted sugar3/4 c. packed brown sugar1/2 c. butter, softened1/2 c. canola oil 1 tsp. vanilla 1 egg2 c. whole wheat flour 1 tsp. baking soda 1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 c. semisweet miniature chocolate chips.
Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, beat sugars, butter, oil, vanilla, and egg with electric mixer on low speed unilt belnded. Beat in flour, baking soda, and salt until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips. On ungreased cookie sheet, drop by rounded tablespoobnfuls about 2 inches apart. Bake 7-9 minutes or until very light golden grown (centers will be soft). Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
One cookie: 110 calories, 6 g fat (2g saturated, 0g trans), 10mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 13g carbs, 1g protein.

Soooo, when I made these, I used milk chocolate chips...I just HAD to! And I have had several people tell me that instead of butter, they substitute at least half of the butter with applesauce. I had heard they turn out moist and yummy without the fat in butter. Just an idea. Not really healthy still, but a lot better than it could be for a cookie!

Finally, as I head into the weekend, I feel tired... but the house is clean, the kids are asleep, I have finally updated my blog and finished my book. I think, despite my crazy allergies at the moment, that is will be a nice evening and a nice weekend!


3 comments:

annieareyouok said...

Sounds like you have a lot going on right now so I hope that you will be able to rest up. You burn calories while sleeping so there's some insentive to get to bed earlier ;)

Clarisa said...

let's make some cookies then!

beckaboots said...

I'm glad that you've gotten a few carbs back! Maybe I will try those cookies out :)