Thursday, October 21, 2010

Parties!

I LOVE throwing parties. I do. Whether it's a baby shower, a boutique, hosting, whatever, I love it! I don't have or want to spend the money on tons of decorations, but I like to do what I can. But most importantly, the house must be spotless (everywhere, even if everyone stays in one room the whole night) AND the FOOD had better be good! If you have food, people stay longer. it's just true. They make their rounds looking at everything, mingling, then they get some food and mingle some more. So I had a boutique at my house the other day and it was so much fun. I had lots of different vendors, some of which did very well (which meant some great free stuff for me!) and some didn't do so well but got some experience. I did decent selling some wipes cases and I just had a blast the whole night.
But the highlight of my night was when one of my friends from high school, who now lives an hour away from me, came and we saw each other for the first time in over 10 years!!

It was so nice of her to make the trip and it was so great to visit with her. Don't you just love making the connections on facebook and blogging?! I do! Now we realize we need to get together more often!!! ;)

No comments: