Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Most Beautiful Morning

Yesterday I had the most beautiful morning. It was seriously amazing. I used to hike a lot before I got married, but unfortunetly haven't done much since. Well these past few months I have been determined to try new and different things, as well as do some things that I used to do and love. For one, I got a bike (pics to come in a different post). I did not realize how much I would love to bike. It has been so much fun. We also have a bike trailer that I put Keaton in and pull it behind while the older boys ride through the neighborhood. Its been great.
But I have been wanting to hike forever. So my friend and I went to Adams Canyon yesterday morning. It took us about 2 hours to get up and down the canyon and it was the most beautiful hike. It was hard. Switchbacks the first 1/2 mile or so, rock climbing along the way, but it was soooooooooo peaceful. I can't wait to do it again!

Almost the entire way we are following a stream.
The first of three waterfalls. This one you can't see really well though.

The second waterfall.

And the Grand Finale Waterfall at the end of the hike. Beautiful!! And because of where it sits on the mountain, it traps in moisture and the wind, so it was so nice and cool there.

This is the view of the city on our way back. This canyon literally took 10 minutes to drive to from our house. It's so amazing to be so close to something so beautiful and calm.
Of course the rest of the day was just crazy and I was seriously so exhausted by the time I went to bed last night that I thought I was going to be sick...but it was such an amazing morning and I just can't wait to get back up there and do it all over again!!


3 comments:

Sarah said...

I am so jealous of the hiking! I wish I could be there. I totally would go hiking with you!

Chanelle said...

Beautiful! I haven't been to Adams canyon for about 10 years. Did you know there is an old miner's cabin further up the canyon? I've been wanting to go check it out.

We've got to plan a hike together like we talked about a few months ago. Thanks for sharing!

Clarisa said...

ah! you make me so jealous! i need some of that!